Friday, July 2, 2010

Wicked Storms in Idaho!

I have never experienced lightning storms like I have seen here in Idaho. Last Friday night there was a lightning storm, and it was amazing. At home, on the rare occasion that there is lightning during a storm, it only flashes once or twice. Here it flashes about every five or ten seconds and keeps going for a half hour or more! A couple days ago it was hot and sunny all day until around 8 o' clock. Then a big storm rolled in. It was like the apocalypse! The wind was blowing, and huge drops of rain were pouring down. Huge bolts of lightning flashed constantly. Princess and Aurora and I went outside along with a third of the occupants our complex and ran around in it. We were soaked in seconds. I can't explain how good it feels to get soaked in the rain. There is something incredible and beautiful about it. I don't think I will ever get sick of the rainstorms here.

No comments:

Post a Comment