Monday, June 28, 2010

To bone and back

On Friday Princess Aurora and I went to Idaho Falls to stay with Princess Ariel's family. Ariel's brother got deployed so he couldn't run his leg in a race they were doing as a family. The race is called "To Bone and Back." Apparently there is this tiny tiny tiny town 20 miles outside IF called Bone that no one has ever heard of. Aurora and I were filling in for Ariel's brother. We each had one of the 5 mile legs. Ariel's dad took the first 3 legs (15 miles), her sister took the next two legs (10 miles), I took the next (five miles), princess Aurora took the one after me (5 miles), and Ariel took the last leg (took us home with the last 5 miles). It was really hot out and we were out there for just over 7 hours. We finished 40 miles total in 7 hours and 8 minutes. I ran my leg in a little under 40 minutes so I was proud of myself. Everyone did a great job! I had a ton of fun. When we got home we checked out our sunburns. It looked like we were wearing invisible t-shirts because we had distinct burn lines on our arms and neck where our t-shirt had been. Hopefully it fades... but I have to admit it's kinda cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment