Saturday, August 28, 2010

The True Meaning of Being a Poor College Student...

I have come to realize that when people say that college students are poor, they are leaving out all the grueling details. After talking to some people about a pickle I got myself into with money (as in I will be the very definition of dirt poor this semester) I realized that a lot of others are in the same boat. One friend told me she would not have food this semester, and she didn't know what she was going to do. Another girl said she was living off oatmeal and lost weight last semester. My manager made a comment to me about how everything would be alright, because I could just live off TopRomin. Far from comforting me, this made me feel slightly more panicked since I am gluten-intolerant and can't eat any noodle except gluten-free ones. Also, I heard some guys in my ward talking about how they went and donated plasma twice a week so they could pay for food. It's a good $50 a week. I think I'll be doing that this fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment